Re: Proposal to measure end-user latency

I love both. Out of bound measure is not simple in all cases ( per example with strong auth and complex PKI, for health application, ...).
What and how to measure?
Of course, DNS lookup, connect time, time to first byte, ... are interesting but it may use a lot of bandwidth.
So, let say that people who need all that do it at application layer (like W3C specify it), and simply measure the total elapse time from DNS (if any) to last byte.