Re: [tsvwg] The List (of application-layer desired features)

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Michael Tuexen <
Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2013, at 9:43 PM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I suspect that Yuchung meant 'widely deployed and available', when he
> says 'always'. That should certainly be true for TCP.
> That is definitely true for TCP.
> However, why do you need an alternate solution to be "widely deployed".
> Can't it
> be deployed within the browser?

I think people are being too imprecise which leads to confusion. UDP is
widely deployed. A UDP based solution can be deployed within the browser.
TCP-AO is not widely deployed. It cannot be deployed within the browser.

For me it makes sense to require "availability" and "having a sufficient