Re: Indexing new entry with a size greater than SETTINGS_HEADER_TABLE_SIZE

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:31:20 -0700
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 28 August 2013 13:13, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hear this question from time to time :)

I believe that the specific concern is with respect to the choice that
has been made.  The current spec says: evacuate all from the table and
emit the header, where it could simply emit the header and leave the
header table alone.

I don't see any particular reason to choose the current option over
what Tatsuhiro is (I think) suggesting, which allows implementations
to shortcut processing.  Do you have a reason that you can share?