Re: HPACK substitution & header table pruning

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:54:13 -0700
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Jesse Wilson <jesse@swank.ca>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 26 August 2013 17:21, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
>   expire_oldest_entry();

You need to expand on this a little, noting that for substitution, the
expiration of entries with lower indices than the substitution index
causes the substitution index to be reduced.  If the substituted index
is removed, then it's key must be retained and the new entry is
inserted at the start of the table.

> If substituting, then, if the key index points to the element being replaced, the space necessary is only val.size().

...less the size of the value that is being replaced.
...unless the substitution entry is evicted, at which point the
evaluation becomes identical to insertion again.

So I don't think your code is quite right.