Re: initial stream id from a client

From: Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:39:50 -0700
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>, Shigeki Ohtsu <ohtsu@iij.ad.jp>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Michael, I meant an "outlier" from the stream perspective -- i.e. the
"upgrade" stream is special and requires special case logic for things
besides stream id (priority for example).

Martin, I think the following:

It is perfectly acceptable for a client implementation to always begin with
stream-id 3 and reserve stream-id 1 for upgrade.

I disagree with the requirement that if a client does ALPN or
direct-to-HTTP is a connection error to send stream-id 1. I'd prefer to
keep all the "special-case" logic for upgrade within the upgrade path.