Re: HTTP router point-of-view concerns

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 07:08:03 +0000
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Sam Pullara <spullara@gmail.com>, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <20130712125628.GC28893@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:

>Not really in fact. While I tend to generally agree with the points
>you make for scalability, this one does not scale. One of the big
>benefits of cookies is that client is responsible for synchronizing
>information between multiple servers *if needed*.

Since when has a minor scalability issue for Big Companies
become more important than end-users privacy ?

Sorry, that argument simply does not fly with me.