Re: HTTP router point-of-view concerns

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 07:11:29 +0000
To: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
cc: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Sam Pullara <spullara@gmail.com>, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, "Martin Thomson" <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <22115082-53F8-433C-9497-755800803B93@checkpoint.com>, Yoav Nir writ
es:

>This thread has forked to discussing session management. I'd like to call
>your attention to the fact that in the past, this working group was consider
>ed too busy with HTTP/2.0 to spend time on things like session management
>or HTTP authentication schemes. For this reason it was suggested that the
>WebSec working group work on session management.

Then just call it a "flow-routing-label" here, and let WebSec figure
out for themselves that it can also be used as a session identifier.

There's no need to let procedural overhead get in the way of good ideas.