Re: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-04

On 10 July 2013 04:33, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> My 2 cents: HTTPbis says what it says based on a long discussion of the
> topic. IMHO simply saying "should be aligned with whatever 2.0 says" is not
> sufficient to change that.

If there is any aligning to do, HTTP/2.0 is definitely where the
changes will occur.  No question.

However, we don't need to inherit the baggage of HTTP/1.1.  HTTP/2.0
can tighten up these constraints.  At least for now, we can be
completely intolerant of buggy software.  The current text, with
adjustments to wording much like Jeff or Michael have suggested, seems
in line with that philosophy.