Re: HTTP/2.0 -04 candidate

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:57:18 -0700
To: Albert Lunde <atlunde@panix.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2 July 2013 06:21, Albert Lunde <atlunde@panix.com> wrote:
> A case where this could become less obvious might be a server or cluster of
> servers offering a number of name-based virtual hosts. It's fairly common
> for a virtual host to have two or four aliases.

Name-based virtual hosting is a feature that I know some people want
to support, but HTTP/2.0 in its current form does not support that
feature.  As specified, name-based virtual hosting will depend on
having a connection for each name, the TLS SNI extension to select the
name and a matching certificate.