Re: Proposed text for "Routing Data's relationship to headers" (Issue 23)

In message <5140C20A.8050402@isode.com>, Alexey Melnikov writes:
>The ticket reads:
>
>> Right now, routing data (in particular, :scheme, :host and :path)
>> appear as headers along with the rest. This means that the recipient
>> needs to parse through the header collection to find them --
>> potentially at the end. Different ways of addressing this have been
>> proposed; e.g., requiring them to be at the top of the header block,
>> or serialising them in different fields.
>>

>I am proposing to add the following text to both "Request" and
>"Response" subsections of the "HTTP Request/Response" section:
>
>     All header field names starting with ":" (whether defined in this
>document or future
>     extensions to this document) MUST appear before any other header
>fields.

I would go a step further:

	Header fields must appear in the order :scheme, :host, :path,
	followed by any other headers starting with ':' (whether ...)
	followed by the remaining headers.

This will make life easier for any high-speed device.