Re: Upgrade status for impl draft 1

On 22/02/2013, at 3:50 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took some different conclusions away:
>
> Specifically, I believe that we discussed having magic always
> regardless of how we got started, so that there was only one code
> path.  That wasn't firm, but I distinctly remember the conversation
> that lead to that conclusion.

Works for me; I'm more interested in just getting something concrete written down.

Anyone have a problem with that?

One thing we need to discuss is how servers should handle it when the magic isn't sent, or isn't sent correctly; hard close?

Also, we haven't concluded on server->client magic. Do we have a real need for it?

> We didn't conclude on whether we would always need upgrade, though it
> was evident to me that avoiding upgrade was clearly desirable: see
> https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/29

My sense is that requiring it is going to be a non-starter. That's why I proposed three distinct paths below.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/