Re: HTTP/2.0 Magic

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 07:12:56 +0100, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> So, I decided to explore this a bit more.
>
> I have a list of about 760,000 IP addresses running Web servers, so I
> put together a quick script to see how they reacted to various magic
> strings.
>
> For the source, see:
>   https://github.com/http2/http2-probe

I did something similar yesterday using 35,000 unique domains accessed by
mobile clients. Sending "slow\r\n\r\n" I got

     CLOSED : 3038 (8.7%)
   NON_HTTP : 20650 (59.3%)
     STATUS : 10092 (29.0%)
   SUCCESS? : 1061 (3.0%)

Where CLOSED us closing without sending any data, NON_HTTP is a response
without HTTP headers, STATUS is a HTTP error response and SUCCESS? is a
HTTP 200 response. I recorded the time for all the requests and got this
for the requests that were closed without any data returned.

Close response times
  0 : 1740 57.3% 57.3%
  1 : 275 9.1% 66.3%
  2 :  28 0.9% 67.2%