Re: proposed WINDOW_UPDATE text for session flow control windows

Do servers often have a need to immediately revoke buffer size promises? In
absence of negative window updates, I would think servers would just stop
sending WINDOW_UPDATEs. Is that mechanism insufficient?

One thing I like about the lack of negative window updates is the ability
to assert (for streams that don't race with a SETTINGS frame that sets the
initial window size) that the sender is respecting flow control. I guess
you can still assert this as long as you aren't actively using negative
window updates.

All in all, I don't feel very strongly on this. I'd rather hear from more
proxy/server vendors that they want this, rather than adding it in just
because it might be useful. Or are you suggesting that Firefox would like
to use this?