Re: Delta Compression and UTF-8 Header Values

--------
In message <A4C04DB9-2524-49EC-8774-AF2EBF3EA350@free.fr>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9
d=E9ric_Kayser?= writes:

>Comparing Unicode strings without prior normalisation can lead to =
>surprising results: "Fr=E9d=E9ric" and "Fr=E9d=E9ric" [...]

Indeed they do :)  (Yes, I noticed your second email)

But where in the HTTP/2 protocol is it exactly that you want to introduce
diacritics ?

	Cäché-Cöntrøl: Not-in-Europe

anyone ?

Willy writes:

> With the fast development of China, it is perfectly imaginable that
> in 10 years, a significant portion of the web traffic is made with
> Chineese URLs, so we must not ignore that.

I would just ignore it.

The only two places which care about the character-set of the URL,
is the ultimate client and the ultimate server, to everybody else,
it is just a sequence of opaque bits, which they must treat as a
indivisible unit.

Please somebody give men an example of exactly where in a HTTP/2
protocol session a HTTP protocol entity, (as opposed to the
ultimate consumer or producer of the information), cannot simply
use memcmp(), but needs to know the characterset encoding ?