Re: Header Stats

Ok.. I have updated the calculations to show:

  1. General variability of header values. The lower the number, the more
redundant the value tends to be.
  2. A frequency distribution of specific values per header. This is rather
verbose but extremely informative
  3. For date and numeric header values, comparison values between the
text-value and optimized binary encoding value.
  4. A summation of the total bytes saved by using the optimized binary
encoding for dates and numeric headers.

TODO:

  - Implement experimental Set-Cookie, Cookie and Cache-Control headers to
see the difference for binary encoding
  - Properly handle null-separated value lists

If there are other interesting calculations you'd like to see, let me
know...

The updated output is here:
https://github.com/jasnell/compression-test/tree/master/counts