Re: Set-Cookie and Cookie Optimized Binary Encoding

On 18 January 2013 09:49, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> When translating an optimized Http/2 Set-Cookie to Http/1, if the Binary
> Value Bit is set, the val is Base64 encoded and a new "Binary" flag is added
> to the Http/1 Set-Cookie.

This, I have no problem with, it merely indicates that the header
originated in HTTP/2.0.  What I have a problem with is this:

>  Cookie: key*={base64}

Having the name change is surprising.  Why is it so critical for an
HTTP/1.1 encoded value to be encoded in the binary form in HTTP/2.0?