Re: #428 Accept-Language ordering for identical qvalues

Hello Julian,

On 2013/01/17 0:56, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> with <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/2119#file1>,
> the spec now says:
>
> "If no quality values are assigned or multiple language tags have been
> assigned the same quality, the same-weighted languages are listed in
> descending order of priority."
>
> This is a change from both RFC 2068 and RFC 2616 which we *did* discuss
> back in the thread starting with <​
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2011OctDec/0223.html>;
> back then we decided not to make this change because we know of
> implementations ignoring the ordering, and no convincing argument was
> given for making the ordering significant.

We also know of implementations, both on the sender and on the receiver
side (as far as I remember) that use ordering. So maybe something like:

"If no quality values are assigned or multiple language tags have been
assigned the same quality, the same-weighted languages may be listed in
descending order of priority."

I'm sure somebody can come up with better wording, but I hope you get
the idea.

Regards,   Martin.