Re: Multiple header fields with the same field name - unwritten assumption about quoted commas in values?

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:

> It's a good idea to do, but not always the case. Example: "If-Match" and
> "If-None-Match". So to separate values in a list production, code needs to
> understand the syntax of the individual values.

I don't quite understand what you meant to say above.
What is a good idea?
What's special about "If-Match" and "If-None-Match" headers?

> So to separate values in a list production, code needs to understand the syntax of the individual values.

True but is this mentioned somewhere?

Regards,
Piotr Dobrogost