Re: How to pronounce "charset"?

Great question.
Coining new terms should never be done without giving pronunciation guidance.
It is one of the small obstacles that makes life for us non-native speakers harder.

I mostly hear "charset" pronounced "care-set" /kɛ(ə)rsɛt/, probably because that makes the root word "character" clear.
A rarer deviant pronunciation is "char-set" /tʃɑrsɛt/ (as if it where somewhat charring).

I'm sure I will now be pummeled to bits by native speakers.

Grüße, Carsten