RE: Header Serialization Discussion

I did some statistics on prefix sharing to find which header do most benefit from it.

==== Requests ====
:path                              :  96977
referer                            :  26060
cookie                             :  23081
:host                              :   5365
expires                            :  45442
last-modified                      :  44312
date                               :  42512
cache-control                      :  22096
via                                :  20106
content-length                     :   5603
set-cookie                         :   5337
server                             :   4019
age                                :   3845
content-type                       :   3675

For each header, the cumulated size of the shared prefixes is shown.

For responses, a large part of these headers can be optimized using a typed encoding. However, prefix sharing could still be useful for the remaining ones. For requests, none of the headers can be optimized with some typed encoding (except maybe the ":host" header).

Hervé.