Re: 3.3.1 Frame Header: Purpose of 1-bit reserved field?

Looking at the minutes from Tokyo, this was originally for control vs. data (as in SPDY).

I think there's been some discussion about discarding the control bit; OTOH, if people are going to define extension frames, it'd be nice for intermediaries to know whether they count against flow control without having to understand their semantics...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/