Re: Headers and Compression [was: Re: Getting (Officially) Started on HTTP/2.0]

CRIME works by observing the size of the resultant packet stream.
Thus, if the plaintext is ever compressed within the same stream context as
user-controlled plaintext, then the can learn something about what is going
on, regardless of output salting, encryption, etc.

With the compression that I'm proposing, you only learn something when
you've guessed the entire plaintext for that field, verbatim, at which
point you're just as well off by sending the data to the server directly.
I'll be writing it up shortly.

-=R