Re: In Defense of Header Compresson

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

> I like tokenization as a strategy as the same approach can be used for
> both the JSON and the HTTP space saving. It also means that embedded
> devices can even use the tokenized form as a replacement for header
> and JSON syntax and only use one parser.

Tokenization, as I under stand the usage here, represents compression
using a predefined dictionary of codes and values. No different than
using a compression technique such as LZW with a predefined standard
dictionary. The key for either approach is the ability to verify
compatible dictionary versions, obtain the correct version if needed,
and for the dictionary to learn on the fly.