Re: FYI... Binary Optimized Header Encoding for SPDY

Aha. I had a discussion that reminded me of one of the reasons to dislike
utf-8

If we use ascii, we KNOW we can drop the first bit, which means we get a
possible 12.5% compression trivially.
I'd rather have the complexity in encoding and reduce complexity on
compression. Of course, if we're willing to all implement huffman coding,
this isn't a problem, but that is substantially more complexity than
dropping a bit off every character.

Are we willing to implement huffman coding? It'd certainly make me happy.

-=R