Re: HTTP2 Expression of Interest : Squid

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 07:55 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> OK but some data may end up in the client's cache without having been
> requested by him. I don't think it has a high technical impact, but it
> may rather be a legal one in some cases. In fact it's a delicate question.

I hesitate to comment, because I've only got a partial push
implementation for firefox (and that's on hold right now just due to
other priorities) - but the approach I've taken helps I think. Pushed
resources are kept in a partitioned cache that is scoped to just the 1
"associated-to" resource that triggered the push. When the associated-to
resource goes away so does the pushed cache (and is never persisted to
disk). Documents are promoted out of this micro cache into the real
profile-wide cache when a request is made for them as a sub-resource of
the associated-to resource and they "hit" in the micro cache.

maybe that helps.

-Patrick