Re: Bad browser behaviour?

On 20/03/2012 9:19 p.m., Adrien de Croy wrote:

> On 20/03/2012 6:53 p.m., Adam Barth wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Adrien W. de Croy wrote:
>>>   OK, so what we're saying is that the 0 chunk is basically redundant.
>> What if you want to send another response?  Don't you need to
>> terminate the first response somehow?
>
> ok, I'll re-phrase.  The 0 chunk becomes expendable if the server closes.

Only to the browser and only iff the connected server or proxy wanted
connection:close anyway.
All the middleware will be trying to use connections more efficiently
and use pipelines. That all depends on 0-chunk termination to keep
connections open and requests flowing.

> this isn't much different to the case where there's no content length
> and the server closes without chunking.

Exactly the same case AFAICT. The fact the server is actually sending
all the response bytes is a coincidence.

AYJ