Re: HTTP at a glance

On 27/02/2012 10:54 a.m., Fiona Schmidtke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just put together a simple website [1] that tries to explain HTTP
> at a glance for all the web developers out there that do not care
> about HTTP at the moment. (e.g. that ones who use GET and POST methods
> interchangeably and state something like "POST is safer than GET,
> because it does not append the data to the URL").
> It would be nice if someone could have a look and give some feedback,
> as I don't know if I have covered most of the important things that
> such new developers should get to know. Please don't be too harsh to
> me, as I'm new to the topic, but I'd like to give my best to
> contribute to the understanding of HTTP.
>
> Regards,
> Fiona
>
> [1] http://semfact.github.com/httpataglance/

Nice.

Three nitpicks though:
  + PUT is replace or create a resource.
  + POST is send some data to a script or service. NOT create, that is
one of the big mistakes web dev make today which needs fixing.
  + all of the status codes ranges end at *99. There are HTTP status
flying around the web reserved by other specifications.

HTH

AYJ