Re: Increasing precision of Last-Modified header to allow sub-second granularity?

In message <4F286012.6040205@qbik.com>, Adrien de Croy writes:

>>>    Last-Modified: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:21:10.011483 GMT
>
>the ability to compare against other previous Last-Modified headers.
>That allows the client to know whether a version supercedes another,
>rather than having to defer to the server.
>
>I'd be in favour.

Me too.

But there are necessary consequential changes:
	Expires: headers
	Cache-Control: age fields.
	Age: header.
Possibly more.

Have anybody tried sending such dates to see how much code it breaks ?

I would fear a lot of both clients and servers would choke on it.