Re: WGLC #353: Multiple Values in Cache-Control headers

On 2012-06-11 13:57, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> If that is the case, we probably need to spend some more time on clarifying this, as this different from similar header fields.
>
> How so? I thought we'd agreed we don't have shared microsyntax / model for our existing headers...

At least for those headers that inherit MIME header field parameter
syntax (such as C-T and C-D) I believe the consensus was that parameters
can not get repeated. It might be hard to find something normative on
that, though.

So let's rephrase this: optimally, we

- defined this for all header fields in the spec (optimally globally for
all parameters of that header field), and

- advise people defining new header fields to do so as well (->
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-19.html#rfc.section.3.1>)

>>> I imagine so.
>>
>> Which makes it sound as if we should define it for all directives defined in this spec (as bad as this sounds)...
>

> If someone wants to point out specific instances where they believe it's important for security and/or interoperability, and it doesn't fall afoul of our stance on error handling, by all means.

Right now we don't say anything what to do, for instance, with two
max-age directives? If this is an invalid header field instance, we
should say so. If it's not, we should say how to handle that.

Best regards, Julian