Re: multiplexing -- don't do it

In message <20120404054903.GA13883@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:

>> I'm starting to get data back, but not in a state that I'd reliably
>> release. That said, there are very clear indicators of intermediaries
>> causing problems, especially when the pipeline depth exceeds 3 requests.

I always thought that the problem in HTTP/1.x is that you can never
quite be sure if there is an un-warranted entity comming after at GET,
so people simply look to see if anything follows the CRNL CRNL and if
so, considers it an entity, even if it starts "GET /foo..."

If so, that is not a problem with pipelining, that is a problem with the
HTTP/1.X spec.

>Personally I'm still thinking that if we only pipeline on http/2 and not
>on http/1,

Agreed.