Re: multiplexing -- don't do it

------ Original Message ------
From: "Roberto Peon" grmocg@gmail.com

> Maybe we need a better way to force a client to use a proxy, and take
> the pain out of it for administration.  And do it securely (just
> remembering why 305 was deprecated).

 like normal proxy configuration?

you ever worked on an ISP support desk?

These are people who can hardly use a mouse you're trying to get them
to set up proxy config in their browser?

>Assuming proxies were not explicit, what do you propose the users do
>the ISP begins filtering and censoring content for reasons of greed?
>-=R

More likely due to statutory requirements.  You guys may think you
dodged a bullet with SOPA... other countries you wouldn't expect have
already passed laws requiring censorship by ISPs

It's not an issue that's going away either.