Re: issue 325: When are Location's semantics triggered?, was: Protocols/APIs and redirects

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 07:47:38PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Cameron Heavon-Jones wrote:
>
> >>I'm VERY sure that browsers automatically follow a 302 + Location upon
> >>page navigation, no matter whether there's a payload or not.
> >
> >I don't think there's anything else?
>
> For the fun of it I just now fired off Chrome and Firefox against a 302
> with content and they redirected automatically. curl also works the same
> way.

Confirmed here with FF 3.6 and IE 6.0 on GET + 302 + Content. I've tried
to redirect to a non-responding location to see if anything was displayed
during the connection attempt, but there was nothing either.

Regards,
Willy