Re: clarify some MUST requirements in HTTPbis part 1 section 3.3

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:55:56PM +1300, Adrien de Croy wrote:

> I can understand why someone would code some software that way, but I
> don't think it's correct to call that a proxy.  At least it's not HTTP
> compliant.

I 100% agree with you, that's why I stated that it was more of a gateway than
a proxy.

> It could be argued that strategy of proxy operation is simply not valid.

Agreed too! The term "proxy" is often used when connections are
re-established (TCP proxies) but I regularly repeat that in the HTTP
terminology that's not enough to be called a proxy. An HTTP proxy is a
well-defined entity that cannot simply be assumed by a TCP proxy.

Regards,
Willy