Re: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-nottingham-http-new-status-02.txt

Hi, Mark

I am wondering the relationship betwen "511 Network Authentication Required" and " 401 Unauthorized". 401 is a general status code for requiring user authentication. However "requiring network access" may be part of the sementics of user authentication. How to clearly distinguish them?

In the description it mentioned the following sentence:
The response representation SHOULD indicate how to do this; e.g.,
   with an HTML form for submitting credentials.
However it is clear how to do this? Will it be leaving to implementation (e.g. the parameters included in the HTML form)?

Cheers,
Linyi

--
Mark Nottingham