Re: #300: Define non-final responses

Ok, I re-read the sections in RFC2616.

It's pretty clearly marked as a hop-by-hop header.

This has some serious negative implications for usefulness.

If a proxy cannot pass the upgrade header through, and get out of the
way then any new protocol to be upgraded to needs to be supported by all
proxies in any chain.

Compared to (what appears to be common) current understanding, this
means the problem is not one of just getting a client and server working
which is do-able, it also means getting your proxy vendor, or any vendor
of any proxy used by any client to also implement the protocol.  A
non-starter.

This makes it basically impractical, and a show stopper for any deployment.

Maybe we need to extend CONNECT to enable it to be used against an
origin server, and deprecate Upgrade.  This at least is fairly well
understood by intermediaries.  AFAIK this is what Websockets was doing
originally?

WinGate 7 beta out now - http://www.wingate.com/getlatest/