Re: Redirects and headers

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 20:06:55 +0200, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
wrote:
> It seems like XHR's followRedirects attribute gives devs enough control
> here.  XHR should at least document default header propagation behavior
> if HTTP will not.

followRedirects is out for now.

Anyway, there are plenty of other APIs too, e.g. EventSource. And even if
we added functionality to XMLHttpRequest we would still need to define the
default. Adding more features does not solve any existing problems.

And if this decision is entirely up to the APIs, please have the HTTP
specification say so. E.g. "Note: Clients will have to decide which
headers sent in the original request are used in the request to the
redirected location."

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/