Re: [hybi] workability (or otherwise) of HTTP upgrade

On 1 December 2010 19:01, Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com> wrote:
> That seems like a matter of perspective.  When opening a connection to
> a WebSocket server, can one not view the server as a proxy sever?

If Websocket was allocated it's own dedicated port (say 6543 for example),
then opening a connection to some.host.com:80 and sending

  CONNECT some.host.com:6543 HTTP/1.1

would definitely be like a proxy server (and it could even be
implemented that way, although I expect many servers would optimise
out the trombone).

But I'm not sure that

 CONNECT some.special.token HTTP/1.1

could be consider a proxy or in the spirit of the HTTP spec.

regards