Re: workability (or otherwise) of HTTP upgrade

William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 7:24 AM, Eric J. Bowman wrote:
> > Julian Reschke wrote:
> >>
> >> - Uprade to TLS is already defined (although not really used), and
> >> changes the message framing
> >
> > I was wondering about that; I've never come across it in the wild, is
> > there any data?
>
> Not in a UI-client form that I'm aware of.  Various printer drivers apparently
> use this to negotiate secure tunnels to http-aware printers.

If we're including various devices, there are plenty which send
non-HTTP-compliant junk (with a passing resemblance to HTTP) over port
80, and parse their own non-HTTP-compliant junk at the other end.

I haven't seen any like that which are intended to work over the
internet, though.

-- Jamie