Re: Comments on Section 6.1

On 06.11.2010 20:15, David Booth wrote:
> Comments on Section 6.1:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-12#section-6.1
>
> 1. The first sentence says: "It is sometimes necessary to determine an
> identifier for the resource associated with a representation".  But
> rules 1-3 only say what *resource* is associated with the
> representation, rather than saying what the *identifier* is.

Actually, all points talk primarily about resources, some of which may
not have a URI (last rule).

We could change the first sentence to

"It is sometimes necessary to determine the resource associated with a
representation."

Would that help?

> 2. Rule 2 uses the term "target".  Should that be "target resource"?

Yes, I believe so. I have fixed that with
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/1079>.

Best regards, Julian