Re: Managing multiple authorities, resources and representations

Henrik Nordström wrote:

>> In the above scenario, the server supports generating the alternative
>> versions for content negotiation - does this come under the banner of
>> 'implementation specific' and thus allowed, or does it indicate that
>> resource is a process that accepts data, and thus POST would have to be
>> used rather than PUT. ?
>
> Allowed. Implementation specific.
>
> What is not allowed is that the PUT only replaces some representations
> of the URI subject to some sever side negotiation.

Perfect, thanks :-) my understanding is then that the following is allowed:

- server deletes all representations and create a single new one
- server deletes all representations and creates a new set of
representations

not allowed:
- server replaces 2 out of 4 representations

If that's correct then no need to reply again,

Best,

Nathan