Re: Issue 163, was: Meaning of invalid but well-formed dates

On 05/24/2010 06:29 AM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> sön 2010-05-23 klockan 12:34 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:
>
>> I doubt that any valid HTTP messages were generated before 1950, and I *hope* that any remaining implementations that generate two-digit dates will be gone by 2050...
>
> Is any such implementations seen today to a significant amount?
>
> Note: The Squid implementation uses 1970-2070 for two digit years, and I
> would expect quite many others doing the same considering limits of Unix
> timestamps (0 == 1 Jan 1970).

You definitely still see 2-digit years in Set-Cookie headers, and
draft-ietf-http-state-08 says to interpret them as 1969-2068 (presumably
allowing for the possibility that people might mistakenly convert 0 to a
date in their local timezone rather than UTC). If we're going to say
something, it would be nice to be consistent with that.

-- Dan