Re: Same resource exposed over HTTP and HTTPS

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> ons 2010-05-19 klockan 15:36 +0100 skrev Nathan:
>
>> I've hit on a scenario where we'd like to identify resource with http
>> scheme URIs; where safe methods are exposed via standard HTTP, whereas
>> unsafe methods (in this case PUT and DELETE) would be exposed via HTTPS.
>
> Content-Location can be used to hint about this. If both http and https
> respond with the same https content location then clients will have a
> hint that they are the same and also a hint that this location should be
> used when updating the resource.

I appear to have hit a 'feature' that I've never seen before, and isn't
documented anywhere in HTTPbis (from what I can see).

Short version in apache 2.2.8 is now sending me back the following:

Haven't done anything particularly special to produce this, all I've
done is enable mod_cern_meta and add the following to a meta file:

The obvious question then, apache / mod_cern_meta bug - or something
HTTP related.

Best,

Nathan