Re: Concurrent non-error response disallowed. ("clarification of 7.2.2. Monitoring Connections for Error Status Messages")

lör 2010-05-15 klockan 03:13 -0700 skrev Wenbo Zhu:
> So at least we agree that there are valid use cases for supporting
> concurrent responses; and the spec at least hasn't explicitly
> disallowed such a behavior.

Spec allows early responses, and in specific requires clients to act in
specific manner if the early response is an error response.

the fuzzy spot is if servers can expect the rest of the request to be
sent to them even if they finish the complete response before receiving
the complete request.

then there is a number of implementation details like store & forward
operating proxies etc which will have impact on the delivered timing, so
you cant rely on the early aspect to actually be delivered. It may well
be that the server won't receive anyting (not even a connection) before
the HTTP request is completely sent by the client.

Regards
Henrik