Re: clarification of 7.2.2. Monitoring Connections for Error Status Messages

tis 2010-04-20 klockan 01:54 -0700 skrev Wenbo Zhu:

> IMO, early non-error response does seem to violate the basic RPC
> scheme that is assumed in HTTP. From reading the charter of this WG, I
> am not sure if we choose to allow, explicitly, such interaction
> semantics, will it introduce any incompatibility?

Any change which will REQUIRE clients to continue sending their request
body even after the server have responded will introduce
incompatibility.

> Non-error status doesn't necessarily guarantee a complete/successful
> response, e.g. server processing, networking may fail any way.. The
> real issue is that clients/proxies alike need be prepared to receive

Which most do.

But they also must be prepared to continue sending the request, which is
not in line with current specifications.

Regards
Henrik