Re: #197: Effect of CC directives on history lists

I think all of the text you're concerned about is motivated by the
note underneath.

I can see reducing the SHOULD to be non-normative here, but I still
think something about it needs to be said, so people won't
misunderstand the statement that freshness doesn't apply.