Re: [draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06] 4.1 Registered Relation Types

On 24/07/2009, at 11:55 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I think this section should not talk about what implementations are
> allowed to do internally. The concern of the specification should be
> what goes in and what goes out. Therefore I think the entire last
> paragraph should be dropped. We should not give the impression that http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/stylesheet
>  will _ever_ work.

I was sorely tempted to do this a little while ago. Unless someone
objects strongly, I'm going to drop that text (currently a separate
para).

> Also, can we require that the canonical registration form is
> lowercase?

That's probably sensible. I'll modify the BNF and prose.

Additionally, any objections to requiring sgml-name (probably needs a
new name, now that it's going to be all lower) for registered?
Currently it's SHOULD.

Thanks,