Re: [draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06] relation-types

On 25/07/2009, at 12:05 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I think multiple SP characters should be allowed between relation
> types. That makes it more consistent with other serializations.
> I actually doubt existing implementations do it like the draft
> suggests. The tab character would probably work fine too and maybe
> something else I'm forgetting. Has this been tested?

Existing implementations do it like the draft suggests, in that when
they use the Link header, they accept the specified form.

FF3.5 allows both multiple spaces and tabs.
Opera 10b3 only allows multiple spaces, doesn't recognise tabs.
Safari and IE both appear to ignore the Link header.

The safest thing to do is to leave it specified as a single space; all
implementations that support Link (remembering that it was first
defined this way in 2068) will be able to consume that.