Re: Issue 43 (combining fragments)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:25:27 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> - Opera uses the fragment from the source URI, when present, otherwise
> the fragment from the redirect location

Regarding Opera:

We changed the behaviour in 2003 (about v7.20) because we got several
reports requesting that particular change, and apparently the reporters
were able to accomplish what they wanted in other browsers at the time,
one claimed also that our old behaviour was not according to 2616.

If you clarify the entry, you should be very clear on the point that any
and all anchors (including no anchor) overrides any anchor used by the
initial resource when presenting the URL to the user or using it to
process the resource, or under which conditions an override should be
allowed, alternatively that it is not specified (which would probably be
unsatisfactory).

This is another area which could benefit from actual examples in the
specification (as I have metioned for cache directives).

--
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

Senior Developer                     Email: yngve@opera.com
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01