Re: NEW ISSUE: content sniffing

So then surely the last word on what type of content something is,
should be the actual content itself?

Things like Content-Type headers can be

* wrong (bad sniffing or mapping in server)
* missing
* tampered with

Relying on Content-Type therefore has associated risks.

So if any sniffing is to be done, surely it should only be the client?
In which case why don't clients just ignore the Content-Type header
always and always try and determine the type themselves.  Some seem to
do this already.

Adrien