Re: HTTP over SCTP without chunked encoding

tor 2009-06-25 klockan 17:37 -0700 skrev Fred Baker:
> I would first ask how often this is an issue - I certainly stop http
> downloads from time to time, but it's not a primary behavior.

When applied to a proxy environment (which is my field) it's very
common, as you then have a very high level of concurrency from very many
users. Partially aborted requests is a fairly high percentage of all
requests.

> It also seems to me that the problem is self-correcting. If I have N
> potential streams and have opened M file downloads, of which I want to
> stop one, I can redirect the errant stream to /dev/null until the
> other downloads complete. At that point, it is either done or not
> done.

Yes, at a significant bandwidth waste. Not useful for me.

>  If it completed in the meantime, I lost 1/M of my available rate
> during the event but nothing permanent happened.

Which if this was a proxy may be many orders of magnitude more bandwidth
than the download used while it was being forwarded to a client..

Regards
Henrik